Hindalco’s Dahej Harbour and Infrastructure Limited operates an all-weather jetty in the Gulf of Khambhat on the west coast of India. DHIL is strategically located at latitude: 21 degrees 42 North and longitude: 72 degrees 31.5 East to cater to the logistics and transportation needs of its customers. Equipped with skilled and professional workforce, and customer friendly port DHIL values time, money and cargo of its customers. Reputed for reliability and high performance, the company enjoys strong relationships in the marketplace.
- All-weather, deep-water, direct-berthing jetty in the Gulf of Khambhat on the west coast of India.
- Ideal location from geographical point of view. 50km from Bharuch linked with two lane road with NH-8 and broad gauge rail connection at Bharuch with good rake loading facilities. Good availability of trucks well connected with hinterland. Ideal place for users of Maharashtra, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan.
- Ideal location from hydrographical point of view. Draft available 13 metres.
- Present handling capacity is 4.5 million MT of solid bulk cargo.
- Berthing capacity of vessel up to 70,000 DWT in fair weather. Can handle gearless vessels, thus contributing enormously to savings in ocean freight.
- State-of-the-art material handling equipment. Kangaroo type unloaders with separate grabs to handle coal, copper concentrate and rock phosphate. Four auto tension winches of 120 T hold the ship in position alongside the berth. The jetty also has a pipe conveyor, which brings material from the jetty to the unloading area.
- Fast turnaround of vessels.
- Round-the-clock security system.