Renukoot

Hindalco’s Renukoot plant was commissioned in 1962 with one potline and a smelter of 20,000tpa capacity. Over the years the plant has increased its capacity through various brownfield expansions and asset-sweating measures.

Today Hindalco, at Renukoot, operates across the aluminium value chain from bauxite mining, alumina refining, aluminium smelting to downstream rolling and extrusions. The integrated facility houses an alumina refinery and smelter along with facilities for production of semi-fabricated products namely conductor redraw rods, sheet and extrusions.

In 1967 Hindalco established a captive power plant at Renusagar, the first captive power plant (CPP) for aluminium industry in India. This along with a co-generation power unit ensures continuous supply of power for the smelter and other operations.

Renukoot has earned the Integrated Management System (IMS) certification combining quality, environment and occupational health and safety into one business excellence model. The unit has been a recipient of several national and international awards in quality, environment management, energy conservation, CSR, among others.

The sprawling 1056-acre Renukoot complex located near the Rihand Dam, 160 km from the city of Varanasi, includes beautifully landscaped gardens, a residential colony cum mini township, a full-fledged hospital for employees and the community around along with schools, clubhouses, banks, sports facilities, cultural facilities, supermarkets and the Renukeshwar Mahadev Temple.

As a responsible corporate citizen Hindalco Renukoot’s Community Development Cell plays a leading and exemplary role in social projects on health care, women’s empowerment, education and sustainable livelihood schemes. Hindalco Renukoot's CSR cell has taken up various innovative rural development projects in 385 neighbouring villages in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh. These social projects are carried out under the aegis of the Aditya Birla center for Community Initiatives and Rural Development spearheaded by Mrs Rajashree Birla.